Happy Monday everybody!
Soooo, we all know that Sucralose is man made, but did you know that it’s another name for Splenda? It’s produced by chlorinating sucrose, which is plain old white table sugar. So basically it’s just chlorinated sugar, which is a chlorocarbon, and chlorocarbons are poisonous. Even though our bodies do a great job of detoxing most things, it can still build up over time, which can be detrimental to our health.
The government says that it is safe and 98% pure, but that leaves us with 2%. What is in that 2%? Well, according to an article I found ( https://www.downtoearth.org/articles/2009-03/68/sucralose-dangerous-sugar-substitute ), it contains things like lead, arsenic, methanol, and many other dangerous things.
Side effects of consumption of sucralose have been reported by many:
- respiratory issues
- joint pain/aching
and this is just SOME of the many side effects.
I try very hard to limit the consumption of processed foods, but on occasion, it does happen. I try to be a careful and thorough label reader and buy the healthiest choice that I can. If I can’t find one, and/or cannot make it from scratch, it generally just doesn’t get purchased. What about eating out? Just try to make informed healthy choices. No croutons, oil/vinegar dressing on the side or a dressing you KNOW doesn’t have any of the dreaded and possible hidden additives, steamed veggies, nothing fried, no bread. No sodas, no sweetened tea. I know, I know, I can hear you from here! Sweet tea is a staple here, but I order it unsweetened and carry my own stevia with me for sweetening. You can too. I know, I’m no fun. ha Your body will thank you for it, if you’re diligent in your choices.
If you’d like to learn more about the dangers of sucralose and other artificial sweeteners, here are several websites for you to peruse:
You can also read my previous blog about sugar, sugar substitutes and natural alternatives for more information:
I hope I have given you all something to think about. Over the last few years I have seen soooo much in the health industry that just scares the dickens out of me. Doctors prescribe meds for the side effects of other meds and then you start seeing even more side effects and the next thing you know you have a new disease or even worse, you’re dead. Did THAT get your attention? I hope it did. Please, please, PLEASE think before you eat and/or drink anything! Do you really need that man made chemically filled food/drink that could possibly, eventually, even kill you? Think about it…………..TRY to start making better choices. Baby steps will get you there. Yes you CAN do it, if you really want to. The next time you eat/drink something, I hope you’ll remember reading this and remember to make a healthier choice. Thank you for listening to my rant for today!
Until next time! Have a Happy Healthy Day! 🙂